Customer Service Representative / Shred Truck Operator / Driver
Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service is looking for a reliable individual who likes to work independently, enjoys customer interaction, is detail orientated and security minded.
Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service is a family-owned full service mobile document destruction company. We operate in SE Wisconsin and NE Illinois. Our guiding principles are Safety, Security and Service. Our team is our greatest asset, and we want everyone to get home safely every day. You will be trained how to safely operate our equipment. All the safety equipment you need will be provided including safety toe boots. We are a security company. It is imperative that you make sure every document is secure until it is destroyed. We provide an important service and do it with a smile and friendly demeanor. Without our customers we don’t have a company or a job. Check out our website at www.AbrahamsShredding.com
First shift, Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday. We are closed on all major holidays. A typical day will start between 6:30am and 8am. The first task is to perform a basic safety inspection on the mobile shredding truck. Then you will drive our mobile shred truck to customers locations. A CDL is not required to drive these trucks. At the customer location, you will greet the customer, collect the documents the customer wants destroyed, securely transfer the documents to the shred truck, shred the documents and then drive to the next customer. Each day is a little different, but you will see many of our customers on a regular basis as most customers receive monthly service. You could have as few and one stop in a day and as many as 25 stops in a day. It depends on how many documents the customer needs destroyed. We are known for great customer service and maintaining that reputation is very important. You will be a key representative of Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service. After all the customers have been serviced, you will drive the truck to a secure recycling facility where you will dump the shredded paper and clean out the back of the truck. Sometimes the truck is emptied in the morning before the route instead of at the end of the day. The final tasks of the day are fueling up the truck, performing some basic maintenance on the shredder and making sure the truck is set up for the next days route. By doing these tasks the previous day, the truck will be ready to go in the morning.
There are other duties that you will be asked to complete as part of this job. In addition to paper document destruction, Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service also destroys electronic information. We destroy information on hard drives, backup tapes, flash drives, floppy disks and more. This is usually done at our shop but is occasionally done in the field. You will be trained on the destruction of electronic information and will occasionally spend time at the shop performing these tasks.
Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service currently owns two trucks. You will not necessarily drive the same truck every day, so we want to keep the trucks clean for the next driver. You will be responsible for making sure the cab of the truck is clean for you or your co-worker who will be driving the truck the next day.
This is a job that requires you to lift paper on a regular basis. You must be able to lift 70 lbs. Most of our jobs are at ground level or accessible by an elevator. Occasionally we have a job that required stairs. If it is a small job, you may complete this job yourself. If it is a medium to large job, you will work as part of a team to minimize the stairs. You will receive stair bonus for purge jobs that require stairs whether they are small or large. Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service uses 4 wheeled bins in most situations which significantly reduces the physical effort needed to move the documents from the customer to the truck.
The ideal candidate will have a professional and friendly demeanor, the ability to work independently and possesses a positive attitude. Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background search, drug screen and a motor vehicle record check. Must be focused on detail and security. Experience working for a family business a plus.
Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service primarily works Monday through Friday. You will receive a text in the late afternoon or early evening letting you know the start time for the next day. We usually start between 6:30am and 8:00am and finish between 4:00pm and 5:30pm. We have shred events on Saturday mornings. These events are very popular in the Spring. We also have events in the Summer and Fall. These events would be additional work opportunities. Shred events are set up well in advance, so you would be able to accept or reject the opportunity and put it on your calendar weeks before the event.
- Perform on-site destruction of confidential documents.
- Safely and efficiently operate mobile shredding equipment by driving to the customer location and operating the cart lift and shredder.
- Securely collect documents from consoles located in customer locations. Securely transport documents to the mobile shredding equipment and ensure that all documents are destroyed.
- Enter customer places of business and interact with customer employees in a friendly and professional manner.
- Complete basic safety inspection of mobile shredding truck before leaving shop at the beginning of day.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the cab and shredder compartment on the mobile shredding truck.
Essential Job Functions:
- Good communication skills. Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with clients of AOSS. Shred Truck Operators are the face of AOSS.
- Attention to detail and security. Responsible to the secure destruction of confidential information.
- Reliable. Must show up on time and be ready to work on agreed days.
- Work Independently.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Good driving record. CDL is NOT required.
- Ability to pass a background search and drug screen.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Compensation / Benefits:
- Salary of $1,000 per month and $16 per hour. Salary is split between the first two pay periods each month. Payroll is every two weeks on Friday. Hourly pay increase after 90 day probationary period.
- Sales commission for any business that is booked because of your referral. There is opportunity to offer scheduled service to purge customers while you are there. Sales commission is 10% of the first-year revenue for the contract. The sales commission is paid after the first customer invoice is paid.
- Stair bonus. We try to avoid stairs but when the occasional stair job comes along, you will receive at least $0.01 per pound for the extra effort required.
- Annual bonus based on individual performance and company profitability.
- Retirement plan with company matching contribution. Abraham’s On-Site Shredding Service will match dollar for dollar up to 3% of your compensation if you save it in our retirement plan.
- Paid training
- No weekends unless you want to work the occasional Saturday morning Shred Event.
If this sounds like you.
If you like helping people solve problems.
If you’re ready for a new challenge.
Give us a call at 262-896-7272